- SPLM mourns Comrade Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
- New parliamentary leadership comes to party for guidance
- Information Minister Makuei briefs Secretariat on his plans, challenges
- SPLM, ANC share experiences
- ANC leaders in South Sudan to strengthen ties with SPLM
- NLC to convene in October to pass basic documents
- SPLM Chairman Comrade Kiir concludes successful Bahr El Ghazal tour
- SPLM in Western Bahr El Ghazal gets new State Secretariat
- In pictures: Dr. Kwaje's body received in Juba (42372 views)
- In pictures: SPLM launches campaign in Malakal (41586 views)
- In pictures: Comrade Wani launches his elections campaign (40582 views)
- In pictures: Chairman Kiir launches elections campaign (40496 views)
- In pictures: 'Yes for separation' procession (40327 views)
- In pictures: Booklet of SPLM Referendum Messages (39916 views)
- In pictures: Chairman Kiir votes (39302 views)
- In pictures: SPLM leader sworn in as first elected GOSS president (38761 views)
Comrade Itto further said the visit by the Communist Party to Juba shows that the South, and the Sudan as a whole, is surely transforming into a multi-party society where everyone gets the freedom and opportunity to visit and address its supporters anywhere within the country. She added that the SPLM is keen in power-sharing and will not feel threathened or bothered by the presence of other political parties, rather the SPLM looks forward to working with such parties in areas of commonalities.
Dr. Ann Itto, DSG speaking to journalists
The delegation from the Sudanese Communist Party arrived Juba, the capital of the semi-autonomous Government of Southern Sudan Friday 28th November 2008.
Speaking to journalists at the airport in Juba, Nugud said it was the first time in 31 years that a high level SCP delegation to visit the Juba. He went on to register his Party's support for the CPA but stressed that the issue of Darfur needs to be addressed before the nation can fully enjoy ‘Peace’.
The delegation is in Juba on an invitation by the Communists in Southern Sudan. Nugud is expected to address a really on Saturday 29th November in Juba where he will “explain the program and the policies of the Communist Party to our people in Juba” said Nugud.
The delegation of the SCP, accompanied by an SPLM delegation led by Comrade Dr. Ann later visited the Mausoleum of the late Dr. John Garang, founder of the SPLM/A who passed away in 2005 in a helicopter crash.
Nugud signing the guestbook at the Mausoleum of the Late Dr. Garang in Juba